The State Ballet Theatre of Russia
This Technical Requirement made part of the contract between Hollywood Entertainment Group, Inc. (HEGI) and(PRESENTER).
The touring staff for the State Ballet Theatre of Russia consists of Company Manager, Production Manager, and Advance Technical Director who are to have sole responsibility for the direction of the presentation with respect to lighting, staging, and load-in and load-out procedures. We carry our own costumes. We require that the Presenter provides masking, lighting equipment, including color (gel) for lighting, adequate stage surface for dancing, sound system, wardrobe and dressing room facilities and crew requirements as set forth below. THIS IS NOT A YELLOW CARD ATTRACTION.
All technical or other equipment necessary for all performances, rehearsals and other activities shall be provided by the Presenter, at its own cost. HEGI hereby accepts the list of such equipment as set forth below as a complete list necessary for performances to be presented during the engagement.
1. FACILITIES AND SERVICES:
The Presenter agrees to furnish, at its own expense, for each performance and rehearsal requested by HEGI and for the term of this Agreement, the following:
(a) A theater with a stage large enough to accommodate the members of State Ballet Theatre of Russia conveniently and comfortably. Minimum stage is 40 feet wide by 30 feet deep (Curtain line to cyclorama plus 3 feet crossover for Co.) however, ideal stage is 50 feet wide by 45 feet deep. The stage shall be cleaned and clear of all items prior to the company's arrival at the theater. Presenter shall make exclusively available the theater and studios for such times as HEGI deems necessary for the purposes of rehearsal, hanging lights and inspecting costumes, sets and lights. Any other use of the theater shall be mutually agreed upon.
(b) Presenter agrees that all lighting equipment will be provided at its own expense and if such equipment is not available at the theater as part of its equipment compliment, Presenter agrees to rent or otherwise provide such equipment. Presenter further agrees that all lighting equipment necessary for the State Ballet Theatre of Russia performance(s) shall be in good working order and present at the theater prior to the Company's arrival.
(c) ADDITIONALLY, THE PRESENTER AGREES TO HAVE ALL LIGHTING HUNG, PATCHED, PLUGGED, COLORED AND READY TO FOCUS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE COMPANY'S LIGHT PLOT PRIOR TO COMPANY'S ARRIVAL AT THE THEATER, UNLESS OTHER ARRANGEMENTS ARE AGREED TO IN WRITING BETWEEN THE PRODUCTION MANAGER AND THE PRESENTER.
(d) Theater box office, mail order personnel, tickets, ticket sellers, advance ticket sellers, ticket takers, ushers, janitors, door keepers and security personnel and any required licenses.
(e) All stage carpenters, electricians, props, sound, wardrobe, moppers and stagehands and such local labor as set forth herein for load-in, set-up, hang, focus, rehearsals, change-over, running, striking, load-out and mopping calls for the performance(s) and rehearsal(s) and/or shall be required by any union(s) having jurisdiction over the services rendered at the performance(s). The Presenter agrees to comply with all requirements of such union(s). Once set-up is completed, it shall not be removed or altered in any way without the consent of HEGI.
(f) A loading crew as set out in Technical Requirements Addendum to be on call at such times as HEGI specifies for load-in, set-up and load-out upon Company's arrival and departure from the theater. The Presenter agrees to comply with all requirements of any union(s) having jurisdiction over delivery of sets, properties, costumes and other equipment necessary for performances.
2. PERFORMANCE AND REHEARSAL REQUIREMENTS:
THE PRESENTER AGREES TO PROVIDE AND SUPPLY AT ITS OWN EXPENSE THE FOLLOWING:
2.1 Adequate and acceptable spaces for all activities, all such spaces to have floor surfaces for dancing acceptable to HEGI. Company will not dance on any surface mounted directly over cement. If floor is cement there must be 4'' of air space between wood and cement. If existing floor is not acceptable to the Company, a special portable floor will have to be rented and laid over the existing stage floor prior to Company's arrival. Details regarding portable floor can be obtained from Presenter Information Kit. All spaces will be properly heated or air conditioned to the satisfaction of HEGI. Please note that dancers HATE moving air (drafts) of any kind while on stage for warm up and performance. In the case of Outdoor Facilities, the stage area will not exceed 72 degrees Fahrenheit and in the case of Indoor Facilities the stage area and concert hail will not exceed 72 degrees Fahrenheit. All spaces (including wings and backstage) shall be bare and free of sets and other encumbrances.
2.2 Floor requirements: Ideal stage - 50'W × 45'D. Minimum - 40'W × 30'D. Presenter will provide at no cost to HEGI a grey or black marley floor or other mutually agreed upon vinyl dance floor covering. It should extend from first set of legs to the black back drop and it should extend 6' into each wing right and left. The seams can run along the stage or up and down. Edges around the floor taped with cloth backed black gaffers tape (shure tape or equivalent). All tape to be provided by Presenter. Three 8' Ballet Barres are to be provided by Local Presenter throughout rehearsals and performances and should be at theater prior to the arrival of Company.
2.3 A heated studio or a large room (complying with the above paragraph re: Heating and Floor may be required for Company for a class. On the day of Company's arrival and prior to the first tech rehearsal the studio should be equipped with Ballet Barres.
2.4 Masking requirements:
- 5 pairs flat black legs (soft) without pleats 28' × 12'
- 5 borders 8' × 50' with pipe and pipe socket
- I black out drop 40' × 50'
- I white plastic seamless cycloroma or white filled scrim
- black scrim
2.5 Lighting requirements:
Presenter agrees to provide all lighting instruments, mountings, color, control capacity, cable, and rigging necessary to implement the touring light plot of State Ballet Theatre of Russia, to include the following:
- a. ETC Expression Light Board
- b. Minimum capacity of at least 48 channels/dimmers at 6.0 KW each, or equivalent capacity, using greater number of channel/dimmers at lesser wattage each.
- c. Lighting instruments: the following (or reasonable substitutes):
6 × 16 Ellipsoidal Spotlight (Lekos) 1 K 36 6 × 12 - - - 1 K 75 6 × 9 - - - 1 K 48 Par 64 MFL 20 2 – Cell FarCyc (or equivalent) 24 Follow Spots 2
- d. 8 Side Booms 12-14 feet tall with bases and proper means of securing.
- e. Sufficient side-arms for 50 sidelight instruments on the booms.
- f. All adaptors, two-fers, and cable required by plot.
- g. Correct color frames for all instruments on plot plus color-change units.
- h. 2 Follow-spots sufficient to push through stage lighting.
- i. Rugs or other coverings to cover all cable placed on floor, plus tape to secure same.
- j. Gobo or pattern-holders for 16 6x12 and/or 6x9 Lekos.
- k. All color (gel) as specified by light plot.
3. PRESENTER AGREES TO FULFILL THE FOLLOWING WARDROBE REQUIREMENTS:
- a. appropriately clean dressing rooms, at least 4 solo and 2 large rooms
- b. two (2) ironing boards and irons
- c. racks (6) for hanging costumes
- d. a washing machine and tumble dryer at each theatre
- e. tables set stage left and right for costumes and water
- f. a steamer
- g. 40 clean cloth towels to be distributed in dressing rooms
4. DRESSING ROOM REQUIREMENTS:
As many private dressing rooms as facility has plus one chorus room each for the male and female dancers. Company must have sole use of these dressing rooms from load-in to load-out.
- a. lighted dressing rooms equipped with make-up tables, mirrors, chairs
- b. non-public bathrooms with hot and cold running water and showers
5. CREW REQUIREMENTS
Crew requirements, estimated time and space requirements for load-in, set-up, hang, focus, technical rehearsals and load-out for all activities shall be arranged by the Presenter, at its own cost. HEGI accepts the list of such requirements as set forth below as complete for the performance to be presented during this engagement.
5.1 LOAD-IN, SET-UP AND LOAD-OUT: As required by local jurisdiction, however we suggest the following as the minimum crew to accomplish the necessary tasks.
LOAD-IN & SET UP: 8 hour call.
- a. Carpenters Head + 4
- b. Electricians Head + 1
- c. Props Head + 1
- d. Sound Head + 2
5.2 REHEARSALS AND SHOW CALLS
- a. Carpenters Head + 2 (for curtains)
- b. Electricians Head + 2 (for follow spots) + 1 (board operator)
- c. Props Head + 1
- d. Wardrobe Head + 2
5.3 SCHEDULES FOR CREW
- a. Load-In and Set-up from 8:00 am — 1:00 pm — 5 hours 2:00 am — 5:00 pm — 3 hours
- b. Performance 1/2 hour before curtain
- c. Load-Out 1 hour.
An area should be set up close to the dressing rooms for the exclusive use of the Company upon arrival at the theater and should include the following:
- a. Deli Platter with an assortment of meats and cheeses, including vegetables and salads (egg, potato, cole slaw, etc) along with breads and rolls for making sandwiches, butter, jelly plus plastic utensils and paper plate service for entire company of 65 available two hours prior to performance
- b. Whole Fruit for entire company (i.e. Apples, Pears, Bananas and Oranges)
- c. Full Tea and coffee service (with lemon, sugar, and milk for company of 65 - A large urn or kettle to provide a constant source of hot water for making tea.
- d. 3 cases of 24 Canned Soda (Pop) in assorted flavors – regular and diet. Brand names appreciated, but not necessary.
- e. One Hundred (100) small non-carbonated bottles of spring water.
7. ADVERTISING AND BILLING REQUIREMENTS
All artwork and print media developed for the Attraction and for promotional purposes by Presenter that does not originate with Attraction must be approved by the Attraction. The following guidelines must be strictly observed: The producer and booking agency for State Ballet Theatre of Russia shall receive billing credit in all programs (on the title page), souvenir books, house boards, window cards, posters, displays, one-sheets, three-sheets, press releases, and in all paid advertising and publicity of ¼ page or larger.
Each of the foregoing credits shall be of a size no less than sixty percent (60%) of the size of the non-artwork title of the show in last position.
Billing shall read:
Title of Ballet 100%
State Ballet Theatre of Russia (100%)
Producers Credits shall appear below the title on all programs, souvenir books, house boards, window cards, posters, displays, one-sheets, three-sheets, press releases, and in all paid advertising and publicity of ¼ page or larger. In each case, in equal style, size of type and prominence as that afforded to the presenter of the Attraction.
Producers Credit shall read:
Hollywood Entertainment Group, Inc
Igor Levin, Managing Director
North American Representation by:
Arts Management Associates
- a. 14 (seven pairs) complimentary tickets (excellent locations) to be delivered to management representative of the Company upon arrival at backstage. Should performance be sold-out, management will provide a list of comps 48 hours prior to arrival.
- b. Additional 10 tickets (5 pairs - at best available locations) to be made available for purchase by Company's representative until 48 hours prior to scheduled performance time.
PRESENTER MUST HAVE TABLES SET UP AT STAGE LEFT AND STAGE RIGHT WITH KLEENEX AND PITCHERS OF COLD WATER FOR ALL REHEARSALS AND PERFORMANCES, ROSIN BOXES ALSO REQUIRED ON STAGE LEFT AND RIGHT..
ADDITIONALLY, PRESENT TO PROVIDE AT OWN EXPENSE 9 6-FOOT ADJUSTABLE-HEIGHT BALLET BARRES FOR CLASS. THESE BARRES AND TO BE RELOCATED INTO THE WINGS OR REHEARSAL SPACE DURING PERFORMANCE
IGOR LEVIN, Managing Director