The Female Cossacks Song & Dance Ensemble “Lyubo”
This Technical Requirement made part of the contract between Hollywood Entertainment Group, Inc. (HEGI) and(PRESENTER).
The touring staff for Female Cossacks Song & Dance Ensemble “Lyubo” consists of Company Manager, Production Manager, and Advance Technical Director who are to have sole responsibility for the direction of the presentation with respect to lighting, staging, and load-in and load-out procedures. We carry our own costumes. We require that the Presentor provides masking, lighting equipment, including color (gel) for lighting, adequate stage surface for dancing, sound system, wardrobe and dressing room facilities and crew requirements as set forth below. THIS IS NOT A YELLOW CARD ATTRACTION.
All technical or other equipment necessary for all performances, rehearsals and other activities shall be provided by the Presentor, at its own cost. HEGI hereby accepts the list of such equipment as set forth below as a complete list necessary for performances to be presented during the engagement.
1.FACILITIES AND SERVICES:
The presentor agrees to furnish, at its own expense, for each performance and rehearsal requested by HEGI and for the term of this Agreement, the following:
(a) A theater with a stage large enough to accommodate the members of Female Cossacks Song & Dance Ensemble “Lyubo” conveniently and comfortably. Minimum stage is 40 feet wide by 30 feet deep (Curtain line to cyclorama plus 3 feet crossover for Co.) however, ideal stage is 50 feet wide by 45 feet deep. The stage shall be cleaned and clear of all items prior to the company's arrival at the theater. Presentor shall make exclusively available the theater and studios for such times as HEGI deems necessary for the purposes of rehearsal, hanging lights and inspecting costumes, sets and lights. Any other use of the theater shall be mutually agreed upon.
(b) Presentor agrees that ail lighting equipment will be provided at its own expense and if such equipment is not available at the theater as part of its equipment compliment, Presentor agrees to rent or otherwise provide such equipment. Presentor further agrees that all lighting equipment necessary for the Female Cossacks Song & Dance Ensemble “Lyubo” performance(s) shall be in good working order and present at the theater prior to the Company's arrival.
(c) ADDITIONALLY, THE PRESENTOR AGREES TO HAVE ALL LIGHTING HUNG, PATCHED, PLUGGED, COLORED AND READY TO FOCUS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE COMPANY'S LIGHT PLOT PRIOR TO COMPANY'S ARRIVAL AT THE THEATER, UNLESS OTHER ARRANGEMENTS ARE AGREED TO IN WRITING BETWEEN THE PRODUCTION MANAGER AND THE PRESENTOR. In the event that HEGI'S production staff is requested to assist the presentor in any of the prefocus activity the presentor shall pay directly to the HEGI'S staff.
(d) Theater box office, mail order personnel, tickets, ticket sellers, advance ticket sellers, ticket takers, ushers, janitors, door keepers and security personnel and any required licenses.
(e) All stage carpenters, electricians, props, sound, wardrobe, moppers and stagehands and such local labor as set forth herein for load-in, set-up, hang, focus, rehearsals, change-over, running, striking, load-out and mopping calls for the performance(s) and rehearsal(s) and/or shall be required by any union(s) having jurisdiction over the services rendered at the performance(s). The Presentor agrees to comply with all requirements of such union(s). Once set-up is completed, it shall not be removed or altered in any way without the consent of HEGI.
(f) A loading crew as set out in Technical Requirements Addendum to be on call at such times as HEGI specifies for load-in, set-up and load-out upon Company's arrival and departure from the theater. The Presentor agrees to comply with all requirements of any union(s) having jurisdiction over delivery of sets, properties, costumes and other equipment necessary for performances.
2. PERFORMANCE AND REHEARSAL REQUIREMENTS: THE PRESENTOR AGREES TO PROVIDE AND SUPPLY AT ITS OWN EXPENSE THE FOLLOWING:
2.1 Adequate and acceptable spaces for all activities, all such spaces to have floor surfaces for dancing acceptable to HEGI. Company will not dance on any surface mounted directly over cement. If floor is cement there must be 4” of air space between wood and cement. If existing floor is not acceptable to the Company, a special portable floor will have to be rented and laid over the existing stage floor prior to Company's arrival. Details regarding portable floor can be obtained from Presentor Information Kit. All spaces will be properly heated or air conditioned to the satisfaction of HEGI. Please note that dancers HATE moving air (drafts) of any kind while on stage for warm up and performance. In the case of Outdoor Facilities, the stage area will not exceed 72 degrees Fahrenheit and in the case of Indoor Facilities the stage area and concert hail will not exceed 72 degrees Fahrenheit. All spaces (including wings and backstage) shall be bare and free of sets and other encumbrances.
2.2 Floor requirements: Ideal stage - 50’W x 45’D. Minimum - 40’W x 30’D. Presentor will provide at no cost to HEGI a grey or black marley floor or other mutually agreed upon vinyl dance floor covering. It should extend from first set of legs to the black back drop and it should extend 6' into each wing right and left. The seams can run along the stage or up and down. Edges around the floor taped with cloth backed black gaffers tape (shure tape or equivalent). All tape to be provided by Presentor. Three 8' Ballet Barres are to be provided by Local Presentor throughout rehearsals and performances and should be at theater prior to the arrival of Company.
2.3 A heated studio or a large room (complying with the above paragraph re: Heating and Floor) may be required for Company for a class. On the day of Company's arrival and prior to the first tech rehearsal the studio should be equipped with Ballet Barres.
2.4 Masking requirements:
- 5 pairs flat black legs (soft) without pleats 28’ × 12’
- 5 borders 8’ × 50’ with pipe and pipe socket
- 1 black out drop 40’ × 50’
- 1 white plastic seamless cycloroma or white filled scrim black scrim
2.5 Lighting requirements:
Presentor agrees to provide all lighting instruments, mountings, color, control capacity, cable, and rigging necessary to implement the touring light plot of Female Cossacks Song & Dance Ensemble “Lyubo”, to include the following:
- a. ETC Expression Light Board
- b. Minimum capacity of at least 48 channels/dimmers at 6.0 KW each, or equivalent capacity, using greater number of channel/dimmers at lesser wattage each.
- c. Lighting instruments: the following (or reasonable substitutes):
10 “Elipsoidales” zoom from 10 degrees to 24 degrees 24 “Spot piano” convex of 1000w 24 PAR 64 (narrow) necessary gels, various colors 2 potent follow spots with colors 24 programmable dimmers 10 PAR 36 (Pin Beam)
- d. 8 Side Booms 12-14 feet tall with bases and proper means of securing.
- e. Sufficient side-arms for 50 sidelight instruments on the booms.
- f. All adaptors, two-fers, and cable required by plot.
- g. Correct color frames for all instruments on plot plus color-change units.
- h. 2 Follow-spots sufficient to push through stage lighting.
- i. Rugs or other coverings to cover all cable placed on floor, plus tape to secure same.
- j. Gobo or pattern-holders for 16 6 × 12 and/or 6 × 9 Lekos.
- k. All color (gel) as specified by light plot.
3. SOUND REQUIREMENTS:
- 3.1 Microphone requirements:
1 microphone for the introduction.
- 3.2 The Presentor carries two DENON DN-961FA professional compact disc players for sound effects. These machines are stereo and each has two active balanced outputs using 3-pin XLR (or Canon) type connectors. The output level is -4dBm. The quality of both the music and the players is exceptional. In order to take fill advantage of this quality it is necessary for the presentor to provide a professional quality mixing console capable of accepting at least 8 inputs (two stereo compact disc players, two microphones, and two spares). THE INPUT LINES FROM THE TO THE VENUE'S SOUND CONSOLE MUST NOT CARRY PHANTON POWER. The minimum output configuration of the console should include a stereo send to the house system and a separate mono or stereo send to the stage monitors.
The two players are wired to a common remote and must be operated by the company manager. The company manager is an experienced operator; however, he is not a member of IATSE. Depending on local union regulations it may be necessary for the presentor to hire an additional sound operator to sit with the company manager during the show.
- 3.3 Appropriate amplification and audience speakers for the particular venue in all cases to include side stacks (Meyers or Apogee speakers). SOUND SYSTEM TO BE EQUALIZED FOR CLASSICAL AND FOLK MUSIC.
- 3.4 Six monitor speakers, three for each side of the stage, volume to be separately controlled from house speakers, with minimum potential of 400 W each.
- 3.5 Graphic equalizer, “Anticoupler” system (Sabin 901).
- 3.6 Public Address system for announcements to the audience.
4. PRESENTER AGREES TO FULFILL THE FOLLOWING WARDROBE REQUIREMENTS:
- a. appropriately clean dressing rooms, at least 4 solo and 2 large rooms
- b. two (2) ironing boards and irons
- c. racks (6) for hanging costumes
- d. a washing machine and tumble dryer at each theatre
- e. tables set stage left and right for costumes and water
- f. a steamer
- g. 40 clean cloth towels to be distributed in dressing rooms
5. DRESSING ROOM REQUIREMENTS:
As many private dressing rooms as facility has plus one chorus room each for the male and female dancers. Company must have sole use of these dressing rooms from load-in to load-out.
- a. lighted dressing rooms equipped with make-up tables, mirrors, chairs
- b. non-public bathrooms with hot and cold running water and showers
6 CREW REQUIREMENTS
Crew requirements, estimated time and space requirements for load-in, set-up, hang, focus, technical rehearsals and load-out for all activities shall be arranged by the Presentor at HEGI'S own cost. HEGI accepts the list of such requirements as set forth below as complete for the performance to be presented during this engagement.
6.1 LOAD-IN, SET-UP AND LOAD-OUT: As required by local jurisdiction, however we suggest the following as the minimum crew to accomplish the necessary tasks.
LOAD-IN & SET UP: 4 hour call.
- a. Carpenters Head + 1
- b. Electricians Head + 1
- c. Props Head + 1
- d. Sound Head + 1
6.2 REHEARSALS AND SHOW CALLS
- a. Carpenters Head + 2 (for curtains)
- b. Electricians Head + 2 (for follow spots) + 1 (board operator)
- c. Props Head + 1
- d. Sound Head + 1
6.3 SCHEDULES FOR CREW
- a. Load-In and Set-up from 2:00 pm — 6:00 pm — 4 hours
- b. Performance 1/2 hour before curtain
- c. Load-Out 1 hour.
An area should be set up close to the dressing rooms for the exclusive use of the Company upon arrival at the theater and should include the following:
- a. Deli Platter with an assortment of meats and cheeses, including vegetables and salads (egg, potato, cole slaw, etc) along with breads and rolls for making sandwiches, butter, jelly plus plastic utensils and paper plate service for entire company of 21 available two hours prior to performance
- b. Whole Fruit for entire company (i.e. Apples, Pears, Bananas and Oranges).
- c. Full Tea and coffee service (with lemon, sugar, and milk for company of 21.
A large urn or kettle to provide a constant source of hot water for making tea.
- d. 1 case of 24 Canned Soda (Pop) in assorted flavors – regular and diet. Brand names appreciated, but not necessary.
- e. Twenty five (25) small non-carbonated bottles of spring water.
PRESENTOR MUST HAVE TABLES SET UP AT STAGE LEFT AND STAGE RIGHT WITH KLEENEX AND PITCHERS OF COLD WATER FOR ALL REHEARSALS AND PERFORMANCES. ROSIN BOXES ALSO REQUIRED ON STAGE LEFT AND RIGHT.
Hollywood Entertainment Group, Inc.